Become a Member
What can the IPLS do for you?
- Networking opportunities:
- Regular meetings on building a legal career in IP as well as current topics, presented by guest attorneys. Free food for members!
- The Annual Intellectual Property Law Students and Attorneys Reception, which brings together UT Law students and Austin-area IP lawyers.
- Inclusion in the IPLS Resume Directory, which distributes your resume to prospective IP employers throughout Texas
- Gain access to the Firm Survey, an up-to-date, comprehensive listing of IP employers in Texas. Many of these do not list on NALP.
The Survey also a number of firms from around the country, including California, Washington, D.C., and New York.
- Advice on resumes and job hunting from attorneys and fellow students.
To become a member, please complete this online form.
The membership fee ($25/year for permanent students, or $15/semester for visiting students) may be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Turn it in at an IPLS meeting, or
- Give it to an IPLS officer, or
- If payment is by check, turn it in to the IPLS mail box in the Atrium Communications Center.
Go through the door to the left of the Information Desk, the mailboxes are
immediately to your right.